I concur,
just set media.autoplay.enabled to false.

FRG
Ray_Net wrote:
Desiree wrote on 02-08-17 14:29:
I should have stayed on 2.46 as I am seeing a lot of horrible stuff with 2.48.  I won't use a browser where I cannot control HTML5 player and Flash Player.  I would prefer to totally disable HTML5 Player like I had it on earlier versions of SeaMonkey and only use Flash that I have full control over and is a better player.

Anyhow, HTML5 Player is in full control on this version of SeaMonkey. I tried looking for SeaMonkey extensions to control its autoplay garbage.  I don't understand why, when I go to Addons site via SeaMonkey/get addons and search for such an extension that what is shown me is stuff for Firefox Android not SeaMonkey browser!

Is there an extension to stop autoplay of HTML5 in SeaMonkey 2.48?  If not, how do I totally disable HTML5 playback?  I have HTML5 play disabled totally in both Pale Moon and Firefox 45.9 ESR and it wasn't easy to do and I don't know how in SeaMonkey.  I have an extension that forces Flash Player in HD on Youtube instead of the awful HTML5 player there.  But that extension does not work on other websites.

I had under 2.46 disbabled the auto-play .. AND the result is : When I try to start the video ... NOWAY ! the video would not start - never ....