In one (and only one) of my UseNet groups, rec.arts.drwho, the threading of all the old threads has become messed up, in that, when I select a message, from an old thread, the message and header displayed in the Message Pane can be something totally different to that shown in the Threads Pane.

Selecting the next message in the Threads Pane can result in a message from a totally different thread being displayed .... even a message from the last displayed Thread being displayed.

As I've got the number of Unread messages in the News Group down to about 39,000 unread out of a total 177,000 posts, so I'm not wanting to delete the index file and "start" anew, so has anybody got any suggestions how I might reconstruct that index file without having to start from scratch, 177,000 unread out of 177,000??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.48 Build identifier: 20170329183526