On 9/30/2017 10:01 AM, mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Ant via support-seamonkey wrote:
Why does SeaMonkey's Mail asks for it twice when I send an e-mail
after quitting and relaunching it (assuming it forgot my password)?

IMAP is for incoming mail. Outgoing mail (whether the incoming server is
POP or IMAP) is sent via an SMTP server.

Do you save a copy of outgoing mail into a "sent" folder on the IMAP
server? It could be that the first prompt is for the password of the
SMTP server (for actually sending the email) and the second prompt is
for the IMAP server (to save a copy to the sent folder).

In a basic setup, where the SMTP and IMAP servers are with the same
provider, the username and password are probably the same for both
servers. But that's not necessarily the case, so you're prompted for the
password separately for each server.

Ah, I see the issue. My e-mail provider is using two different addresses (one for incoming and one for outgoing).

You may want to allow SeaMonkey to save the passwords (Edit >
Preferences > Privacy & Security > Passwords > Remember passwords). If
doing that, it's a good idea to also set a "master password" which is
used to encrypt SeaMonkey's password store (Edit > Preferences > Privacy
& Security > Master Passwords > Change Password). Then you'll just have
to enter the master password once for each session, and SeaMonkey will
look up the saved passwords for the SMTP and IMAP server.

I prefer not to use that feature for security reasons.

Thanks. :)
--
"The ants are my friends, they're blowin' in the wind. The ant, sir, is blowin' in the wind." --the misheard lyrics to Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind" Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.