On 10/29/17 10:19 PM, Ant wrote:
On 10/29/2017 4:31 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 10/28/17 11:05 PM, Ant wrote:
Why does SeaMonkey's Mail asks for it twice when I send an
e-mail after quitting and relaunching it (assuming it forgot my
password)?

IMAP is for incoming mail. Outgoing mail (whether the incoming
server is POP or IMAP) is sent via an SMTP server.

Do you save a copy of outgoing mail into a "sent" folder on the
IMAP server? It could be that the first prompt is for the password
of the SMTP server (for actually sending the email) and the second
prompt is for the IMAP server (to save a copy to the sent folder).

In a basic setup, where the SMTP and IMAP servers are with the
same provider, the username and password are probably the same for
both servers. But that's not necessarily the case, so you're
prompted for the password separately for each server.

Both IMAP (port 993) and SMTP (ports 587) use mail.twc.com server
address with the same account datas. I rarely use it. Once in a while, I
send e-mails and it would prompt for my login twice. Is there no way to
tell SeaMonkey not to check IMAP part until I need to check? I only want
to send e-mails. That's it. No need to check and download any e-mails. :/

Thank you in advance. :)

Select the Account in the Folder Pane, then View settings for this
account. Look for Server Settings and uncheck all the check boxes for
mail and automatically download.

Hmm, I seem to have all of them unchecked. I thought it was the checked "Allow immediate server notifications when new message arrive", but nope. Hmm! :(

SeaMonkey may still download the email if the user uses Get Messages.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop