rickman wrote:
David E. Ross wrote on 11/16/2017 10:37 AM:
On 11/16/2017 5:10 AM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/15/2017 10:37 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/15/2017 9:41 AM, Cruz, Jaime wrote:
On 11/14/2017 12:55 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

For months now, after Capital One revamped their website, neither
Seamonkey nor Firefox has been able to autofill the userid or
password
fields.  When I click on the ID field, nothing happens.  When I
click on
the password field, it wants to fill it with the ID.

However, through this entire time, Chrome has had no issues
whatsoever
in filling in both the ID and the password.

When I see this (which is rarely), I use SeaMonkey's Password
Manager to
delete the user ID and password for the particular login.  I then
terminate and relaunch SeaMonkey.  Having a complete list
(encrypted via
PGP) of IDs and passwords, I am then able to login to the site,
entering
and saving the ID and password anew.

My procedure (quoted above) is very effective when a Web site changes
its login Web page in a way that prevents the use of saved passwords.
Too often, such a change involves a change in the domain name for the
login page.  Password Manager keys off the domain, which is why a saved
password might no longer work.

But when a site changes its domain, and you reenter your userid and
password it is usually "remembered" for the new domain and you now have
two entries for (what you believe) is the same site.  This isn't the
case.  No matter how many times you enter your ID and password on the
Capital One login page, it is NEVER remembered.

Then obviously the problem is with Capital One and not with SeaMonkey.

My Capital One credit card user name and password are filled in using
Firefox but not Seamonkey 2.46

Which version of Firefox?  It doesn't work with the current ESR version.

--
Jaime A. Cruz
President

AMA District 34