Daniel wrote:
On 2/12/2017 9:08 PM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:

The system has worked well over the last umpteen years. It is only a problem when I stuff things up!!

I'm starting to feel that I should not have mentioned the Linux profile problem, as both responders have focused on that rather than the problem that I was actually trying to get assistance with .... trying to get a Profile were *I* wanted it, rather than it going where, *apparently* , SeaMonkey wants to put it!!

Sharing a profile between Windows and Linux is completely unsupported. Things like last download dir are stored in it and will cause problems if Windows finds a Linux path or Linux a path with a Windows drive.

Moving or duplicating SeaMonkey|Firefox|Thunderbird to and from Linux and Windows (or Mac) is very easy drag and drop affair. I have don it countless times.

Sharing a profile dir is an issue regardless of the OS, but pathing issues is a real problem with dissimilar OSes because the the prefs.js records paths for some actions.

--
Take care,

Jonathan