Frog wrote:
My wife came to me with a question about a "Full Inbox" message she had just received on our computer.  I thought to myself that somehow the "leave messages on server" had somehow been checked in the Preferences. I checked the "Server Settings" and found that it was properly set.

Yes, our local inbox has many messages stored in it and it needs a good house cleaning...which I intend to do ASAP.

Will the Local Inbox generate a "Full Inbox" message?

Everything was working just fine until I was recently moved from Verizon to AOL...could this be the cause of my problem?

Can the present Inbox be given a different file name (allowing it to be accessed when needed) and a new local inbox file be established?

What is a good way of keep the data that is currently in the present inbox while at the same time having a empty inbox for new messages?

I'm sure that somebody has a quick fix for how to best deal with this problem.  Please understand, while preparing your response to my call for help, that my technical skill are limited at best.

Any help sent my way will be greatly appreciated.

Frog

Frog, is it possible that you recently moved your e-mail account data from one computer to another using CD's?? If so, this usually results in the files being marked as "Read Only" so SM, logically, is unable to write to those files.

In Windows Explorer, locate your e-mail account and right click on one of the files/folders and check its Properties is not set to "Read Only".

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Er, Um, ... I  mean "Go Dallas Cowboys!!"