A Williams wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
rickman wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 12/14/2017 2:30 PM:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 12/14/17 11:46 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/13/2017 3:45 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
If so, *WHY*?

I ask because I follow a similar group following a different
fork of
Netscape.

On that group the moderator chastised a poster for suggesting
conformance to courtesy/productivity issues.

YMMV

Mozilla newsgroups are listed at
<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/>.  Those newgroups
that are
moderated are indicated as such.  There is no indication of
moderation
for mozilla.support.seamonkey.

True enough. But in practice, Chris Ilias removes messages that
violate
his criteria and issues warnings both public and private. If you
want to
call that moderation, there it is.

You have received warnings about off-topic, or other unacceptable
posts to
this specific newsgroup?

I have. I didn't always agree with the assessment, but what could I do?

And it's not like he's fining me or firing me or putting me in jail.
At most
it's an annoyance when it happens to me, and a pleasure when it
happens to
real bad guys like the Italian spammer. ;-)

Do any spammers get the ax?  I have seen no indication of that.

Except for the ones in Italian I see zero spam or drama in this group.

Neither have I recently!! After I got the filter working correctly.

I'm guessing they only make it here because they come via Google groups
... and nobody dares upset them!!

Why would blocking a spammer upset Google?

Because Google doesn't care who posts what ... as long as they use Google!!

Speaking strictly for myself, there are two categories I'd like to see blocked - the other one being posts where the date is more than 24 hours in the future.

Why?? You could always find out the "real" posting time if you needed it!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623