Two Years ago - and far-far-away...
Sun, 27 Sep 2015 20:14 -0400 Roger Fink wrote:
In my installation of SeaMonkey 2.35 the default about:config preference "browser.tabs.closeButtons" is set to 3, which removes the close button from the individual tabs and places one close button at the far right-hand side of the tab row. ...

This System Linux: Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
w-Seamonkey 2.49.1 ( DOM Inspector Disabled - awaiting update )

Ref: about:config -- browser.tabs.closeButtons  default integer 3

Am I to understand that the close of a tab can be by a single click of a tab icon "closeButton" - without right-click first? Where is the icon? Disabled? How do I activate the browser.tabs.closeButtons icon? Change the number 3 to what? I tried several to no avail. Is there a trigger? A combination setting?

I cannot find info on it in help.

--
The Best To You & Yours,
M.RossARR