On 3/24/2018 5:14 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 03/24/2018 03:38 PM, Tom Pamin wrote:
>> I grew tired of so many web pages asking me to turn off Adblock Plus, so
>> I disabled the SM extension on my Win 10 desktop and Win 7 laptops. The
>> laptops seem OK, as the Adblock Plus title has disappeared from the SM
>> Tools dropdown list. But it did not disappear on my desktop, so I don't
>> know if it's still active or not. Anyone know why the desktop still
>> shows Adblock Plus under Tools?
>
> To get back to the original question.
>
> If I use Tools > Adblock Plus > Disable everywhere. The Adblock Plus
> menu item still appears under Tools in both my Windows 10 and Linux
> SeaMonkey.
>
> If I use Tools > Add-ons Manager, and disable the extension there, the
> Adblock Plus menu item does not appear under Tools in both my Windows 10
> and Linux SeaMonkey.

Disabling from the Add-ons Manager makes Adblock Plus completely
unavailable until you again use the Add-ons Manager, this time to enable
it.  However, you can select the Adblock Plus option to put the
extension's icon in the SeaMonkey status bar.  Then, you can much more
easily toggle between disable and enable.

Furthermore, you can select that status bar icon while on a Web page and
select whether to whitelist that page or the page's entire domain.  That
leaves Adblock Plus still active for other Web sites.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

First you say you do, and then you don't.
And then you say you will, but then won't.
You're undecided now, so what're you goin' to do?
                        From a 1950s song
That should be Donald Trump's theme song.  He obviously
does not understand "commitment", whether it is about
policy or marriage.