EE wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 3/24/18 3:38 PM, Tom Pamin wrote:
I grew tired of so many web pages asking me to turn off Adblock Plus, so I disabled the SM extension on my Win 10 desktop and Win 7 laptops. The laptops seem OK, as the Adblock Plus title has disappeared from the SM Tools dropdown list. But it did not disappear on my desktop, so I don't know if it's still active or not. Anyone know why the desktop still shows Adblock Plus under Tools?

You should be given the option by the site to be able to continue with the ad blocker enabled.

If you subscribe to the adblock warning removal list, that should help, at least somewhat.

Well, I didn't subscribe, but on checking my subscriptions I see it was added and enabled yesterday without my knowledge or consent.

And surprisingly, some of the filters in that list already show over 10,000 hits.

Paul B. Gallagher