Hartmut Figge wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher:

If I right-click a link in an incoming or sent plain-text email,
where SM has already recognized the text as a link and displayed it
in blue underline,

That's still so.

I'm offered options including "Copy" and "Copy link." The latter
works as expected, but the former does nothing.

Hm- The latter is "Copy Link Location". I don't see "Copy Link".

You're right, of course, I misspoke.

I suspect this is because no text is selected, so "Copy" has
nothing to copy and leaves the clipboard intact (it doesn't copy a
null string and thereby clear the clipboard). But if that is so,
shouldn't "Copy" be grayed out?

If "Copy" is supposed to do nothing, then surely the menu entry
should be greyed out. Greyed? Grayed? Hm.

"Gray" is American, "grey" is British. Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other, or as the Russians say, один черт ("one devil").

Paul B. Gallagher