On 4/16/2018 7:26 AM, Bob Fleischer wrote:
> I often send text messages containing a URL in plain text.
>
> If I send the message in plain text from Seamonkey, it is recognized by a
> recipient Seamonkey as a clickable link and displayed as such.
>
> If I send the message in plain text from another mail program (in this case,
> Samsung's Android Email app), the plain text URL is not recognized nor
> displayed as a link.
>
> Looking at the message source, the only difference I can see is that the
> plain text from Seamonkey is sent as 7-bit plain text, whereas the plain
> text from the app is encoded in base64.
>
> Curiously, Samsung's app, when viewing such a message, does recognize the
> URL as a link.
>
> Why is that, and can I change Seamonkey to recognize the URL in that case?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Are all the links bracketed by < and > per RFC 3986?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

First you say you do, and then you don't.
And then you say you will, but then won't.
You're undecided now, so what're you goin' to do?
                        From a 1950s song
That should be Donald Trump's theme song.  He obviously
does not understand "commitment", whether it is about
policy or marriage.