Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Sun, 6 May 2018 14:31:34 -0400, _Paul B. Gallagher_:
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

It depends on how the client handles it, and Ray is not correct for SeaMonkey at least.  If you View -> Message Body As -> Plain Text on an HTML message with an embedded image – the image will then appear as an attachment.

Not on my machine.

I tested with several HTML messages containing embedded images, which were originally displayed as View | Message Body As | Original HTML, and switched them to View | Message Body As | Plain Text. The images disappeared, of course, but no "attachment" appeared in the list; in fact, no attachment list was shown in the message header area because there were no attachments.

Let's try:

[color-image]

Works for me, and I read every message as plain text.