On 7/12/18 7:11 PM, Andy K wrote:
On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 5:50:49 PM UTC-5, Andy K wrote:
On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 10:22:51 AM UTC-5, TCW wrote:
On 7/11/2018 10:07 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
TCW wrote:
On 7/11/2018 4:13 AM, Andy K wrote:
I would like to generate a list of passwords for selected sites.

I looked at password manager. It lists all sites but you have to tell
it to show passwords individually for each site.

Any way to select certain sites and get it to show the passwords?

Why would you need to know that?

Maybe make a paper backup is one reason that comes to mind.

As an IT person, questions like this send up red flags. After all, if
you don't already know the password to sites you regularly use....

No red flag. I just want a text file of them so I can encrypt it.

Nothing nefarious. :-)

Andy

Type in the address bar:
chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul

Found out I can not just copy both username and password to a text file?

Saving/editing the file does not work either. That may be by design. :-)

The reason I want to do so is to encrypt the file.

That way I can transport it anywhere safely.

There has to be some way.

I think there are some sharp cookies here.

Andy

I think I started typing my UN and PW into a text file many moons ago, then encrypted it.

Then changed PW and never finished the task.

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop