EE wrote on 25/08/2018 5:42 AM:
Daniel wrote:
Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote on 22/08/2018 6:21 PM:
add-on are on thunderbird.net. This is a complete copy. What mozilla does here no longer affects us. 2.53 alreday connects to it directly. 2.49 will in the next version. Currently going a detour thru addons.mozilla.org.

Palemoon will have its own add-ons site. Not sure about Waterfox.

FRG

Mason83 wrote:
Hello,

I think this spells bad news for non-WebEx FF forks:

Mozilla to Remove Legacy Firefox Add-Ons From AMO in Early October
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/mozilla-to-remove-legacy-firefox-add-ons-from-add-on-portal-in-early-october/

Regards.

And, (not to suggest I'm checking up on you guys, Frank_Rainer!! ;-) ), but after click on the SeaMonkey on the top right of the M & N screen, I was taken to the SeaMonkey Projects page, clicked on "Add Ons" on the left of that page and was taken to https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/seamonkey/.

Good-oo!!

But prompts the question, as TB is just a M & N program, will SM Browser Add Ons also be hosted there??

SeaMonkey themes are also there, and SM extensions are there as well.

I did see that some extensions with versions that used to be for both Firefox and SeaMonkey but are now only for Firefox were not copied over.  I would really like to see those copied over, at least the older versions that worked with SeaMonkey.  Two examples are Web Developer and YouTube High Definition.

I seem to recall that, some time ago, SM Browser and FF diverged in some manner or other. Maybe the current FF extensions will not work in SM Browser, even before FF went to WebExtension or whatever they call it now!!

Just sayin'!!
--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623