On 10/8/18 4:05 AM, Will Farris wrote:
Hi

I've downloaded the version 2.49.4 tar.bz2 file but I can't install it. I've
tried Adam's suggestions from the following link and put a cd Downloads command
into terminal but it didn't work.

Adam's suggestions:
https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-install-a-tar.bz2-file-in-Ubuntu

Regards

Download the 64-bit version as Yamo` suggested.

I have mine installed in a folder called Apps in Home.

Open Files find the file, right click on it and select "Extract to...". Select the location and click "Select" in the top right corner of the Select Extract Destination window.
I had to create the Apps folder using the Folder icon in that window.

My desktop launcher code.

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Icon[en_US]=~/Apps/seamonkey/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/default48.png
Name[en_US]=SM2.49.4
Exec=~/Apps/seamonkey/seamonkey/seamonkey -p
Name=SeaMonkey
Icon=~/Apps/seamonkey/seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/default48.png

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop