On 2/19/2019 4:11 PM, flyguy wrote:
Seamonkey 2.49.4 (Win 10 OS) CPU usage goes from about 5% to 65% after I load this cartoon website:

https://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/

Using Chrome, the same web site causes only a 5% rise in CPU usage. Every thing slows down, the fan comes on loudly - What the heck is going on with Seamonkey, and can it fixed?

No problems in my SeaMonkey v2.49.4 web browser on my decade old, updated 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC. I also use uBlock Origin to block ads. Do you use an ad blocker? Also, do you have this problem in other comic strips hosted in https://www.gocomics.com server?
--
"What is it going to be like in eternity with God? Frankly, the capacity of our brains cannot handle the wonder and greatness of heaven. It would be like trying to describe the Internet to an ant." --Rick Warren's book, The Purpose Driven Life Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
   /\___/\                     http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.ma.cx /
 | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
    \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
     ( )