Tom Pamin wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/1/2019 3:08 AM, Thomas Pamin wrote:
So far I reinstalled SM over itself. That didn't solve it. I can go to
any folder on my PC and right click to "Send to Desktop (create
shortcut)". That works fine.

A shortcut to a Windows folder or file is NOT the same as an Internet
shortcut.

A shortcut to a Windows folder or file is merely a pointer to the actual
folder or file.  On my PC, they tend to run over 400 bytes.

An Internet shortcut is a text file containing the URI of a Web page I
have3 along with a pointer to its cached icon file.  On my PC, they
tend to
run under 300 bytes.

What versions of Windows and SeaMonkey are you using?

I'm using up-to-date Win 10 and SM 2.49.5. I have 3 other PC's with this
same setup that I have no problems with dragging to get shortcuts.

Your UI string shows NT 6.1 so I had assumed Win 7.
I cannot help you with Win 10.  :(