DoctorBill wrote:
Right now, as I write this, I am on a Windows 7 system using 2.49.1 SeaMonkey.

I bought a Dell "All-In-One" compuker with the latest Windows 10 running (Uggg!) and loaded
SeaMonkey 2.49.5.

Can I COPY my E-Mail, Bookmarks, Passwords, etc from this machine to the newer one ?
It has been YEARS since I did such a thing and I don't remember how.....

Things are changing so fast !

This is your chance to disassociate all internet apps from the OS. My data files began life in Netscape. Do yours go back that far? And those files have been used on many computers by multiple versions of Win and OS/2. And, I have never "lost" my email.

The trick is, I have never had the apps or data on a boot partition. The apps are on an apps partition and the data is on a data partition. I can reinstall or replace an OS and the most I need to do to the apps is create a fresh run object (shortcut).

I also always multiple versions of each app. I never replace an app or OS until I an convinced the replacement is superior. So every computer has multiple versions of Win and Mozilla and/or Mozilla clones.

The first thing you need to do is copy the entire profile - which is a directory tree - to another partition of your choice, with the name of your choice. Also copy the app tree to a place and name of your choice.

Then after you install Win, create an app shortcut with a "-Profilemanager" run switch, which will open profile manager. Take SM by the hand to where you copied the profile and tell SM to use it.

On desktops, I now have only OSs on one HDD and only apps and data on another HDD. I have clones of each. If one dies, I can swap in the OS HDD and the data doesn't know the difference, or swap the apps/data HDD ans the OSs do not know the difference.

Ray