DoctorBill wrote:

As a PS to my previous post - MY problem with ALL of this is that
once I learn HOW to do all this....after six months or more of not
constantly being involved with it ----- I forget it !  I forget the
details and have, essentially, to re-invent the wheel ! Start from
scratch.  Give me a break - I am 76 years old !  I am lucky I can go
to the bathroom by myself !  I have to come back here and have you
nice folks explain it all AGAIN after a while......

So do I also get a "break"? I'm 82, and beside building desktops I redesign old cars.

I currently maintain four desktops and three laptops.

The apps are on an apps partition and the data is on a data partition. I can reinstall or replace an OS and the most I need to do to the apps is create a fresh run object (shortcut).

And updates are done in isolation. I also always have multiple versions of each app. I never replace an app or OS until I an convinced the replacement is superior. So every computer has multiple versions of Win and Mozilla and/or Mozilla clones.

On desktops, the apps are on one HDD and apps and data are on another HDD. I have clones of each. So my backup and restore is to swap a HDD. And the OSs don't know the apps/data has changed and the apps/data doesn't know the OSs has changed.

With a couple decent tools building a partition structure is not difficult.

And Mozilla products are very easy to organize.