Ant wrote:
On 3/6/2020 2:37 PM, Steve Dunn wrote:
     There seems to be a fair bit of potential for extensions that work in 2.49.x to break in 2.53.1, based on what people have been posting here. I can't say I'm surprised, given that the developers have to try to maintain compatibility with an obsolete extension system while grafting in components from a browser that moved to a modern extension system a few years ago, but since extensions are important, it's kind of a problem if the stop working.

     Is there a way to know for sure which of your favourite extensions will work in 2.53.1, or is it a case of back up, hope for the best, and be prepared to uninstall 2.53.1, reinstall 2.49.5, and restore your backup?

You could share what extensions you have and we can tell you. Here's mine:

Last updated: Fri Mar 06 2020 15:08:50 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.1

Extensions (enabled: 6)
* ColorfulTabs 31.1.9 (http://www.addongenie.com/colorfultabs)
* DOM Inspector 2.0.17.2 (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/)
* Expire history by days [converted] 1.2.0
* Open With 6.8.6 (https://github.com/darktrojan/openwith)
* PrefBar 7.1.1 (http://prefbar.tuxfamily.org/)
* uBlock Origin 1.16.4.19 (https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock-for-firefox-legacy)

I found that Restart App Button, Add-ons Button, and Cookie Monster no longer work after I updated to 2.53. Chromedit Plus gives you a restart button, and CookieFast works. I was unable to find another add-on button that works.