On 4/13/2020 7:20 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 4/13/2020 5:18 PM, Ant wrote:
On 4/13/2020 8:03 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 4/12/2020 8:57 PM, Ant wrote:
I have to disable it for YouTube.com so I can rate, get faster web site
speeds, etc. However, I lose its chat feature.

What about the rest of you? Thank you for reading and hopefully
answering. :)

I normally have it disabled.  That is not becuase of problems when it is
enabled.  Instead, I do not want server logs to indicate I am using
Firefox.  I want them to know what I am really using.

I have the old PrefBar extension installed.  One of the buttons toggles
between enabling and disabling "Advertise Firefox compatibility".  I
cannot remember whether this is a button I recreated myself or obtained
from the PrefBar Web site.

In case I enable the feature and forget to disable it, I have the
following entry in my user.js file:
        user_pref("general.useragent.compatMode.firefox", false);

Do you have the code for that button so I/we can add it to our PrefBar?

It is actually a checkbox, not a button.  With a checkmark, "Advertise
Firefox compatibility" is enabled.  With the checkmark cleared, it is
disabled.  I have uploaded the file for creating the checkbox to my Web
site.

1.  Download the file at
<http://www.rossde.com/test/toggle_adv_firefox.btn>.

2.  On the PrefBar tool bar, right-click and select "Customize PrefBar"
in the pull-down context menu.

3.  Any place on the right side of the PrefBar window under Enabled
Items, right-click and select Import.

4.  In the "Import Buttons from File" navigation window, navigate to
where the downloaded toggle_adv_firefox.btn file is located and select
the Open button.

5.  The checkbox will be the last entry under Enabled Items.  You can
drag and drop it into a more handy location.

The checkbox will appear with the label "Advertise Firefox
compatibility".  You can edit the checkbox to change (shorten) that
label.  Just select the checkbox, right-click, and select "Edit button
...".

NOTE:  I will remove the file from my Web site in two weeks.

Perfect and thanks. :)
--
..!.. illness like COVID-19/2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2! :(
   /\___/\                     http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.ma.cx /
 | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
    \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
     ( )