Frog wrote on 2/05/2020 5:11 AM:
On 5/1/2020 11:18 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/30/20 4:58 PM, Frog wrote:
On 4/30/2020 3:34 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/30/20 2:16 PM, Frog wrote:

<Snip>

I'm not sure I understand what won't work.  I continue to use my original usern...@verizon.net address when I send/retrieve my email from AOL...and it continues to work in the AOL's mail system.

What won't work is trying to use the Verizon address with an imap.aol.com or pop.aol.com server name in your configuration.

It should be.

Server Name: pop.verizon.net.
Port: 995
Connection Security: SSL/TLS
Authentication Method: Normal password

The outgoing SMTP server settings are:
Server Name: smtp.verizon.net
Port:465
Connection Security: SSL/TLS
Authentication Method: Normal password

That's what my settings are.

You probably have to resolve that Known Issue before you can create an email account.

WOW!!!!!!!  I entered the settings as you suggested and I can again access this help page on SeaMonkey.  I, however, cannot see the text of the messages...all I see is the following when attempting to open a message:

Launch Application                            X
This link needs to be opened with an application.
Send to:
     Pick an app
Choose other Application             Choose...

___Remember my choice for news links.

             Cancel        Open link

Thus, I had to return to Thunderbird to make this message available for reading the text of your message and being able to respond to your message.  When I click "Choose" on this small window I am taken to another window titled "Another Application."  When I click "Open link", it takes me to a blank page with the same message documented above.

What is causing my messages open normally in SeaMonkey?

Thanks again for getting me this far in solving my SeaMonkey problems.

Frog

Your confused? That makes two of use. ;)

So creating the email account worked, you can receive and send email, but can't read newsgroup messages in your newsgroup account?

I vaguely remember seeing that message when trying to read newsgroup messages. Forget which version and I'm not sure what I did to fix it.

Here is a link to my settings.

<https://imgur.com/rUIAEJL>

If you want SeaMonkey to be the default for Mail, News and Feeds select each button. I only have News selected and that may be what fixed it for me.

Good luck!

Thanks for your continuing help...I would be lost without you and the other helpers on this group.

I am starting to wonder if I should delete both of the accounts I have on SeaMonkey and start all over with one new account.  I make this comment based on selecting SeaMonkey to provide everything I need...Mail - News - Feeds.

Be aware, Frog, that if you delete both your accounts on SeaMonkey, you will be deleting all the e-mails you have sent and received on those two accounts!

Least that's what happened to me! ;-(

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623