On 5/2/2020 8:25 PM, Frog wrote:
On 5/2/2020 7:51 PM, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:
On 5/2/2020 5:24 PM, Frog wrote:

{Much text deleted}

---I believe that I can (with help from knowledgeable/technical savvy individuals on this newsgroup)  make adjustments to my original usern...@verizon.net account to make it compatible with my computer needs.  I believe that it is possible to make modifications to this account that will once again give me access to all of my needs

Frog

P.S.  I want everyone who has provided help to me in this situation to
      know how much I appreciate your efforts.  Your individual
      contributions have meant more to me than you can ever know.

As one who has been a Verizon user before the AOL takeover here's my one cent
I believe at the takeover time all accounts were to go to u...@aol.com unless you decided to stay with u...@verizon.net amd IF you changed to the AOL account you could never go back to your Verizon.net.  That's why I'm still u...@verizon.net

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
  testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed

I also retained my u...@verizon.net address.

All was working without any problems on my computer (SeaMonkey software) until very recently. I'm not sure if my computer was the cause of my problems or whether Verizon or AOL had a hand in causing my problems...whatever the cause, I now have a work around that involves three software packages (Thunderbird, AOL, and SeaMonkey) to do what I was doing on SeaMonkey alone.  Any settings in your account or profile (that you are willing to share with me) may help me to return to some sanity on my computer.  No, I am not seeking any personal information, such as usernames or passwords, in my seeking help.

Please note that I had a 6.5 hour virus/malware scan of my computer and no problems were found.  I then got in touch with my virus scan people for help and they had me send the results of my scan to them for further review...the review did not turn up any problems.  Thus, I don't think the problem that put me in this mess was my computer...I believe it had something to do with either Verizon or AOL.

It was good to hear from you and thanks for letting me know that I was not alone when I made the decision to keep my Verizon email address.

Frog

See attached for POP and SMTP settings that I am using.  Just replace "user" with your Verizon user ID. (no quotes).