Frog wrote on 5/05/2020 6:54 AM:
I immediately see the following message every time I attempt to open a newsgroup message:

Launch Application
This link needs to be opened with an application.
Send to:
Pick and app
seamonkey.exe
Choose other Application        Choose...
___ Remember my choice for news links.
         Cancel        Open link

I have searched for how to make SeaMonkey open my newsgroup messages without any success.  Even if I eventually found an app that would open these messages, I would not be able to send a response message back to the sender since the app would not be connected to the newsgroup.

I'm sure that I am not the first person to encounter this problem...thus, I would welcome help with solving this problem.

Of note, the same SeaMonkey software does in fact open my normal email messages with no problem.

Thanks for any help you send my way on this subject.

Frog

Frog, in reading your above post, I noticed you used (in places) the term 'App' and, in others, the term "Application". That has me wondering are you using a Desktop/Laptop Computer ("Application") or a iPhone/Android Phone ("App")?

I don't know, but your answer might effect the answer required!

I have 'ASSUMED' you were using a Computer, but now I'm not sure.

--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623