Yamo' wrote:
Hi,

mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com a tapoté le 09/05/2020 16:31:
Yamo' wrote:

It could be an add-on which doesn't work correctly with Seamonkey
2.53.2.  Try running in safe mode - Help > Restart with Add-ons
Disabled.  If you can't get even see the menus, exit all SeaMonkey
windows and then start with the command `seamonkey --safe-mode`.

Sorry, I've totally forgotten the "--safe-mode" !
With this argument it's working!

Many thanks!

Something in the profile then.  Now the challenge is working out what ;o)

Check the release notes at
<https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.2/> - they
mention known issues with some particular add-ons, and also important
detail if you use a master password and upgrade from 2.49.5 or earlier.

Which version are you upgrading from?  If you're upgrading from
SeaMonkey 2.49.5 or earlier, redoing the upgrade will require restoring
your profile to before you upgraded.  If it's a very old version, you
might need to restore your previous profile, update to some intermediate
version and start once with that version to update your profile to that
state, before updating to the latest.  But from your later post it looks
like you don't back up your profile, so let's hope that doesn't become
necessary!

I sometimes backup it but not daily...

Backing up the profile before any upgrade of SeaMonkey is strongly recommended. It's quite common (more common than is usually noticed) for the format of files in the profile to change from one version to the next. A newer version will upgrade the profile to the newer format when first used, but having done so older versions will no longer be able to correctly use that profile. So if you encounter problems with the new version, it might not be possible to go back to the previous version if you don't have a backup of the profile from before the upgrade. I'm not aware of any such issues between 2.53.1 and 2.53.2, but doesn't hurt to be cautious.

I was upgrading from 2.53.1.

I will find the bad addon or bad users.css or something else...

I wouldn't expect issues with add-ons between 2.53.1 and 2.53.2 but, since it's an easy check, the first thing I'd try is to just disable all the add-ons via the add-ons manager, start normally and see if the issue persists. If that fixes it, you can re-enable the add-ons a few at a time (restart SeaMonkey each time) to narrow down which it is.

The release notes mention some changes to scrollbar styling and some of the dialogs between 2.53.1 and 2.53.2, so not sure if that might have an impact on custom CSS.

--
Mark.