On 5/10/20 4:43 PM, EE wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 5/9/20 11:30 AM, EE wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 5/8/20 2:19 PM, Ken wrote:
Cecil Bankston wrote:
Ken wrote:
I recently upgraded from version 2.49.5 to version 2.53.2 and I seem to have lost the ability to open (in Email) an attached PDF file I received.  Previously I had done so by clicking on the attached file and choosing OPEN.  I can save the file to a folder and open it there, but I would like to open the file in MAIL if possible.  I downloaded and installed PDF Viewer, but that seems to have no effect.  Any ideas what might have happened or how to get this ability back??

Look in Helper Applications in the Browser section of Preferences. You can specify what application will be used to open any file type.

Appreciate your reply and suggestion, but that did not change the situation.  Any other ideas??  The browser seems to work just fine, it is within the MAIL part that it fails to open.

So you receive PDF attachments and they don't open in the browser?

What did your Helper Application indicate they should be opening with?

I think if you have a working PDF Viewer extension the Content Type should be "Portable Document Format(PDF)" and the Action "Preview in SeaMonkey" (Maybe Firefox).

You could use a helper application.

Which one opens the PDF attachment in the MAIL window?

I use the Foxit PDF reader.  It does not open anything in the mail window.  It uses its own window.

It seems I misunderstood the problem, and the OP wants the PDF to open in the SeaMonkey browser window from the Mail & Newsgroups window when they click "Open" in a messages attachment pane.

I hope they resolve the issue.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/