flyguy wrote:
Windows 10, SM 2.49.4

The videos on this Home Depot page do not play for me, but they do play if I use Chrome. What's wrong?

Best guess is that the developers are only paying attention to Chrome, and don't really care about other browsers, especially ones considered to be "obsolete" like Seamonkey.

I tried going there with an untweaked profile in 2.53.3, and no success on getting the videos to play. I also tried spoofing Chrome, and nothing there, either.

I did find it interesting that when I right-click and select "view image", I get a view of a control box: https://assets.homedepot-static.com/p/static/images/inlinePlayerDwarfs.png

To me, that's something that's happening with scripting.

It's entirely possible that the site developers are making use of features that aren't supported in Seamonkey 2.53.

Smith