Steve Wendt wrote:
On 6/16/2020 4:22 AM, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:

That posting of yours has vanished for me as well

I wasn't seeing posts disappear before, but ironically Ant's reply to this one ("Missing newsgroup posts") is getting the "Article not found" error in Mail/News for me here.  However, it displays just fine in the browser interface:

So, I'd say this is probably a bug in the Mail/News code.

His most recent post to this thread has also vanished now. I think Ant has managed to find an option which causes his posts to expire automatically. The other two options:
- bug in the Mail/News code
- divine intervention by Chris Ilias
seem pretty unlikely.
This is not like Edmund Wong's post which vanished for him but not for anyone else, Ant's posts are vanishing for everyone. As for it still being available in the browser interface, I can't understand why there should be a lag there.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/