On 8/18/2020 2:18 PM, NFN Smith wrote:
Ant wrote:
On 8/18/2020 11:24 AM, NFN Smith wrote:
UO Legacy (v1.16.4.24) here too. Yeah. :(

As noted, see what happens when you turn off uBlock, at least temporarily.

If disabling uBlock doesn't change anything, I'm inclined to believe that you're seeing something that's system related, rather than Seamonkey itself.

Interesting. That diabled UO made a difference for a minute Gmail.com session, but I hate Google invading my privacy and showing its ads.

I fully agree about not liking Google, although that does indicate that uBlock may be a part of your problem.  Still, it's hard to tell if that's the true source of the problem, or something else, where uBlock is merely the symptom.

I wonder what is causing it. It currently shows 146,392 network filters + 70,867 cosmetic filters. Here's what my settings look like from my uploaded screen shot/capture: https://screenshot.cz/KG/KGLP5/uo.gif. :)

One other thought comes to mind -- how big is your cache, and how frequently do you clear it?

I use its defaults (currently 350 MB) and clear it a few times per month. Last one was last week.

Also, how full is your hard disk?

I have 805 GB free out of 933 GB in my 2 TB SATA 7200 RPM HDD's C: drive. I do clear out its mess at least once a month. :)

That removes obvious sources, but worth verifying.

I'm wondering if your hard disk may be an issue, although that's getting out of the realm of anything specific to Seamonkey.

I know that several years ago, I saw more than one machine that was really struggling on performance with Firefox, and when all my standard performance troubleshooting techniques didn't turn up anything, I found that when I ran a SMART check of the hard drive, I was getting errors there. In each case, replacement of the hard drive cleared the errors.

Funny, I ran GSsmartControl yesterday and it had no errors after its two short tests. I didn't try its long tests yet (take about five hours!). If it was HDD related, then I would have issues outside of SM too.
--
Life's so loco! ..!.. *isms, sins, hates, (d)evil, illnesses (e.g., COVID-19/2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2), deaths (RIP), interruptions, stresses, heat waves, fires, out(r)ages, dramas, unlucky #4, 2020, greeds, bugs (e.g., crashes & female mosquitoes), etc. Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
   /\___/\                     http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.ma.cx /
 | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
    \ _ /     Please kindly use :( Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
     ( )