Erik Rull wrote:
> Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>> Erik Rull wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I tried to build seamonkey from the sources and followed the instructions
>>> until
>>> this point:
>>>
>>> comm-central$ python client.py checkout
>>> python: can't open file 'client.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>>>
>>> I checked the cloned repo and there is no client.py existing - of course
>>> lots of
>>> other .py files but none that would fit the needs... same with the release
>>> repo...
>>>
>>> Where can I get this from?
>>>
>>> When checking for the firefox compilation, the steps are quite similar so I
>>> fail
>>> at the same step... hg, etc. was installed.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Erik
>>>

>> I can't help directly, but:
>> - It looks as though you are trying to compile for Linux
>> - Have you looked at the thread "2.53.1 build error: NSModules are not
>> ordered
>> appropriately" by Tristan Miller?  The thread was opened on 3-3-2020.  Don't
>> bother with my contributions there, the FRG ones (+ Tristan's responses) are
>> key.
>>

> Thanks - but I don'T find the thread, I joined too late to the list and the
> newsgroup archive doesn't seem to be public available.
>
> Any other description for building the software from sources? So both FF and
> SM
> seem to be invalid here... The python command definitively points to a file
> that
> is not existing in the repos. So it's more a question about a broken repo,
> isn't it?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Erik

Ok, I'm a big step further - the documentation on the seamonkey page is
completely outdated. The common mozilla repos do not contain this script any
longer and / or report this as a no longer supported approach.

So HOW to compile seamonkey for Linux?

There must be a way, otherwise there would not be an installer for Linux :-)

Best regards,

Erik