Over on one of my UseNet groups, one of the posters wants to become the greatest poster to that group .... and one of the other posters, who is currently the greatest poster to that group.

So Poster A will post about anything with the slightest connection to that group (Actors Birthdays, Deaths, Anniversary, etc) which usually then draws a post from Poster B telling Poster A to stop Spamming the group.

I'm sure I have previously pressed 'K' in my SM 2.49.5 to Killfile such threads ... but they keep coming back or, at least, I think they are coming back next Birthday, Death Anniversary, whatever.

Where is the Killfile stasis of the threads in a UseNet group stored??

Or am I wrong in my impression that when I press 'K' on a thread that thread should disappear from my sight forever .... or at least until I take some remedial action to make a thread come alive again??
--
Daniel

Win7 User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.5 Build identifier: 20190609032134

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623