Bob wrote:
I've used Seamonkey in the past, and really liked the way I could work on my 'personal'
website with the software.  I stopped using it when it was declared "obsolete"
a few years ago.

I am being forced to abandon Firefox, which I've been using for around 15 years
now (and really liked, until the later iterations).  I work from home, and
absolutely CANNOT have software automatically install updates and force me to
shut down (without being able to access another website to alert people).  I've
tried all of the tricks I could find to prevent automatic installation of
updates, but nothing has worked, and I do NOT want to loose my job because of
the programmers refusing to listen to reason.

(1):  Can I LOCK OUT automatic installation of updates?  I MUST be able to
choose when updating happens.

(2): How up-to-date is Seamonkey kept?  I already have strong security on my
system, but need to avoid security holes.

(3) How easy is it now to migrate Bookmarks, passwords, and so on?

(4): "Bonus" question - is the composer still part of Seamonkey?

I use Ubuntu 18:04 LTS - switched to it around the time I abandoned Office and
IE (for security and other valid reasons).

Thanks!

Bob

If all you want is to stop FF updating, look at https://www.journeybytes.com/disable-firefox-quantum-updates/ .

I had the reverse problem in a previous job, I wanted to be able to install FF updates (the automatic ones there had several deficiencies) so I had to find out how they had disabled them and reverse it.
They had set something up in the Policies which I had to remove again.
Looking at my notes from back then,
- defaults\pref\local-settings.js contained a pointer (filename) to a file mozilla.cfg
- this mozilla.cfg had a large number of really irritating settings.

Bottom line, do a search on: firefox local-settings.js mozilla.cfg
and you will see how to change defaults. This is normally used for company-wide policies.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/