Nuno Silva wrote:
On 2020-11-17, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:

I have discovered this problem which occurs on two different machines
with two different versions of Seamonkey - 2.53.3 and 2.53.5 - under
OpenSuse.
Given a mail with multiple attachments, "Save All" or "Detach All"
starts a process which takes 100% of one processor but does otherwise
nothing.
If I Quit Seamonkey the process remains.
If I kill the process instead of Quitting Seamonkey, Seamonkey dies
with the process.
Saving the attachments individually works.

I repeated the test on my Windows 10 machine - with 2.53.4 - and there
were no problems there.
Is this a Seamonkey/Linux problem or a Seamonkey/OpenSuse problem?

Do you know which file picker is SeaMonkey using?

What is the value of the ui.allow_platform_file_picker setting? (You can
check that, for example, in about:config.)

(What is the separate process that gets started?)

ui.allow_platform_file_picker was set to false, that feels a bit weird.
I have no idea what the separate process is, "top -i" simply identifies it as seamonkey.

ok, setting ui.allow_platform_file_picker back to the default value is as ugly as f*** but it works. Thank you very muchly.

I don't know why I had changed the value but it was probably either something I read here - and which will have applied to an older level - or (less likely) something which applied to Firefox.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/