All,

I'm running 3.8.1, and in my ".freenetrc" I have
"bandwidthLimit=100000".
According to the comment listed above it, this should limit bandwidth
usage ( I assume bi-directionally? ) to about 0.8Mbps ( maybe 1Mbps
with overhead, etc..). This doesn't seem to work. My node was eating
up approx. 2.5Mbps down and 60Kbps up (i.e. 2 to 3 times the limit ).
Which, as you may have guessed, reduces my roommate's porn surfing
efficiency.

So two questions:

1. Is bandwidthLimit supposed to work?

2. In 3.8.1, I know there are new options for up and down bandwidth
limits. Do those work?

Thanks in advance,

Howard

ps. Is there an online bug database for freenet?