I'm new to this mailing list (eight days ago), but perhaps I can help you:

After my subscription I received a mail with the subject "Welcome to the "support"
mailing list" from support-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
This was in the body:

subscription page at:

http://hawk.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/support/sbraun%40freesurf.ch

You must know your password to change your options (including changing
the password, itself) or to unsubscribe.  It is:

  ***myPassword***

If you forget your password, don't worry, you will receive a monthly
reminder telling you what all your freenetproject.org mailing list
passwords are, and how to unsubscribe or change your options.  There
is also a button on your options page that will email your current
password to you.

You may also have your password mailed to you automatically from the
Web page noted above.
email address in the bottom next to the button "Edit Options".

I hope I could help you.

Greetings,
Stef

>  Von:    "John Foss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>  An:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  Betreff:Re: [freenet-support] Re: unsubscribe
>  Datum:  Sun, 25 Aug 2002 08:54:20 +0000
>
>  HAVING TRIED UNSUCCESSFULLY TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR "UNSUBSCRIBE" I
>  TRIED THE LIST, IN THE HOPE THAT THE WEBMASTER, MODERATOR, WHOEVER, MIGHT
>  READ IT OR SOMEONE MIGHT ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO HELP ME. When I followed the

[snipped: angry mailing list users]