I'm new to this mailing list, but I know Freenet, FMB and Frost. I hope I can help you:

- You can download Frost from http://jtcfrost.sourceforge.net/downloadindex.html
(www.freenetproject.org -> "Third Party Tools" -> Frost)
To run Frost you only need "Frost.jar". In a new directory run the command "java -jar
frost.jar" and Frost
will start. Fill in the preferences (if not standard, for example other Freenet host,
port, ...) and wait for a
while. After some hours your Frost is updated with the newest boards. In the
Information window you can add
other boards to listen and post. Other questions: please ask in the Frost board
"frost" or "frost_help"

- For FMB: It's the software made by nacktschneck, his freesite is edition-based. (for
Freenet help read
Nubile's site http://127.0.0.1:8888/SSK@qe3ZRJg1Nv1XErADrz7ZYjhDidUPAgM/nubile/10// )
FMB is now in the version alpha4a, if a new alpha version is out, you can surf to the
6th version. You need
"fmb.jar" to run FMB with the command "java -jar fmb.jar". Then you should chose an
unique nickname; your
private/public keypair will be generated. Everyone can if a message is yours by your
public key.
Then you should rightclick to some active users and listen to their channel.

- I don't think that the freesite creator of colours is the same like the one of the
FMB-site. He wrote on his
site, that you can send him a feedback over Nearly Instant Messaging (NIM, it's
embedded in the freesite), over
the "colours" board in Frost or over FMB. His nick on FMB is "nobody else". With the
coloured links on the top
you can surf to other editions. If you reached the end of the chain, then is that
edition not yet inserted (or
it's fallen out of Freenet).

Good luck!

Greetings,