Ephrim Khong ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I am trying to use freenet behind a Firewall, using a SOCKS5 Proxy
> server.

How, exactly?  Freenet requires the ability to receive incoming
connections on at least one TCP port.  If you have a way to achieve
that using SOCKS5 we'd love to hear about it, and add it to the FAQ.

> It works, but the Proxy is closing any ideling TCP-Connection, if
> there was no data send through it for some time.

????

Is this a transient node or something?  How can your node be that idle?
Most of us who run nodes get slammed pretty consistently by traffic,
although there are a few exceptional cases where nodes get very light
traffic (and nobody knows why).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |