>> on the split file metadata inset at the end of the insert.
>What do you mean by hangs? Does it simply take a long time to insert
>the
>metadata?

It timed out after sending the message that its inserting the splitfile metadata, and
will sit there quite a long time, but the log shows the message when the error occurs.

 What HTL were you using? Can you show me the insert page?

Ok see theres another snap, so i put it on,,, ok this time short file, a couple of meg
htl=0 for testing and a brand new error, tried a couple more with htl 5 and 10 and got
the same thing.

O! and just to add to the confusion suns standard JVM went up a knotch
today to J2SRE.1.4.1_01, so anyone going there for they're default JVM
will be getting their nice new and improved shiny one.

Inserting SplitFile:
SSK@dhhkXEVdcZV17OrUfg6SFkbYKiE/SiSoft_Sandra_Pro-v2002.6.8.9.7-Commercial.zip

Processing segment 1 of 1.
Creating 6 262144 byte check blocks.
Be patient. This can take a long time...
Done FEC encoding segment.
Inserting 18 blocks into Freenet.
block 0: State PREPARED reached.
block 0: Insert URI -
freenet:CHK@sM7Ac-CFHU6A9tbrW-PFNqK565YSAwI,vN8ldadh9HeZLhutjYLUzQ
block 0: The insert has been accepted; waiting up to 579 seconds for the StoreData
block 0: State REQUESTING reached.
block 1: State PREPARED reached.
block 1: Insert URI -
freenet:CHK@6reTxe4kPX3fLw1sQpToZ9kx9m4SAwI,G0FeIHMRk6x8I9qanTPBXA
block 1: The insert has been accepted; waiting up to 579 seconds for the StoreData
block 1: State REQUESTING reached.
block 2: State PREPARED reached.
block 3: State PREPARED reached.
block 0: State DONE reached.
blah blah blah

freenet:CHK@PQk1sxtUmcwi1XL9PGfwQdeeZHwSAwI,hXV5R-bekuwt09ymPeU2oA
block 17: The insert has been accepted; waiting up to 579 seconds for the StoreData
block 6: State DONE reached.
block 17: State REQUESTING reached.
block 16: State DONE reached.
block 11: State DONE reached.
block 10: State DONE reached.
block 12: State DONE reached.
block 13: State DONE reached.
block 7: State DONE reached.
block 15: State DONE reached.
block 14: State DONE reached.
block 9: State DONE reached.
block 8: State DONE reached.
block 17: State DONE reached.
Segment 1 inserted.

UNEXPECTED EXCEPTION: java.io.IOException: written zero length metadata
java.io.IOException: written zero length metadata
        at freenet.client.FECTools.makeSplitFile(FECTools.java:464)
        at
freenet.client.http.InsertContext.insertSplitFileBlocks(InsertContext.java:450)
        at freenet.client.http.InsertContext.run(InsertContext.java:607)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)