The negative effects are when you need to store large files,
essentially the file needs to be broken up into smaller chunks, and so takes
longer to store/retrieve. I don't think the size of your FAT table matters
anymore, way back when it was limited and so you were limited by disk size
vs cluster size vs FAT table size.

Or something like that.