In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Matthew Toseland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 07:31:14PM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but I've been fighting Freenet for
> the last 45 minutes trying to figure out exactly how to get at the Freenet
> proxy from a different computer. The solutions in the FAQ and Questions &
> Answers on the web site aren't working for me.

That's because the freenetproject.org documentation is HORRIBLY out of
date.

> fproxy.bindAddress=*
> fproxy.allowedHosts=*

Those lines are no longer correct (and you should have seen warnings
about them in your freenet.log file).  The new syntax looks like this:

mainport.port=8888
mainport.bindAddress=*

mainport.allowedHosts=127.0.0.1,209.142.155.49,192.168.2.1,192.168.2.2,
192.168.2.4,192.168.2.20
mainport.params.servlet.1.params.tempDir=/home/freenet/tmp/
BUT this will then count under the bandwidth limiter, i.e. be very very
slow. Do we want to count certain IP ranges as local and not limit them,
or do we want to never limit mainport connections, or what? Which is the
best solution?
The best solution is either to have per port bandwidth limits or per host bandwidth limits (with a default group). Either would work for me, is one much easier to do? Otherwise you need more opinions.

For more details, please see
<http://freenet.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?FAQ>.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |

--
Roger Hayter