Perhaps it would help if someone that's been here for a long will would
dust off some of those early theoretical discussions.  And publish them
again. They did explain the (then) future goal remarkably well, although
developing the software has clearly been much more difficult than
developing the concept.  But, of course it has evolved a bit, just as did
Loglan, an artificial language, that initially appeared to have the goal of
providing a "logical language" in which all hidden implications were to be
removed for the basic language elements and applied only as modifiers, thus
not carrying the hidden meanings that so much of natural language
carries--baggage to confuse those not speaking it as natives (but who
usually detected the inconsistencies better than the natives).  Ten years
later hardly anyone remembered that stated goal.  Every human effort soon
develops a life of its own and usually develops into something not
originally planned.

--- Nicholas Sturm
--- Mail checked with Norton Virus Checker
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--- http://www.trisware.net
--- The Sturm Center for Local History
      A not-for-profit center dedicated to collecting, preserving and
distributing
    the history of families who settled and developed Barbour County, West
Virginia.