John E. Mayorga ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I have downloaded a
> seednodes.ref file from
> http://wooledge.org/~greg/seednodes.ref to no avail (I
> believe he is using version .4).

I'm running CVS branch rel-0-5-1, which I compile every day or so,
in the hopes that it will one day magically work great.  I take
"snapshots" of my seednodes.ref every once in a while when my node
appears to be having a good run (e.g., my routing table hasn't shrunk
to 5 nodes).

>  4 were totally unreachable.
> 0 restarted.
> 1 cleanly rejected.

Have you checked your node reference status page yet?
(:8888/servlet/nodestatus/nodestatus.html)  It might give some
useful details.

>  0 were totally unreachable.
> 0 restarted.
> 0 cleanly rejected.

I (sarcastically) refer to that as my Favorite Error Message of All
Time.  That's a very bad sign, but unfortunately I don't know any
cure.

> ipAddress=24.127.54.220

> listenPort=55555

I'm able to establish a connection to that IP/port from here.  That's
good.

> %transient=false

Good.

I can't think of anything else to tell you than "be patient, keep
retrying, and if your routing table shrinks below 10 nodes, either
restart Freenet or try someone else's seed nodes".

[EMAIL PROTECTED]              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |