In message <20021115152042.GA30185@servalan>, Matthew Toseland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 08:43:29AM +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:
In message <20021115020548.GC7038@servalan>, Matthew Toseland
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 06:01:03PM +0000, Roger Hayter wrote:
>>In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Greg Wooledge
>><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>>>I'm running CVS branch rel-0-5-1, which I compile every day or so,
>>>in the hopes that it will one day magically work great.  I take
>>>"snapshots" of my seednodes.ref every once in a while when my node
>>>appears to be having a good run (e.g., my routing table hasn't shrunk
>>>to 5 nodes).

>>>Have you checked your node reference status page yet?
>>>(:8888/servlet/nodestatus/nodestatus.html)  It might give some
>>>useful details.

>>>I (sarcastically) refer to that as my Favorite Error Message of All
>>>Time.  That's a very bad sign, but unfortunately I don't know any
>>>cure.

>>>I'm able to establish a connection to that IP/port from here.  That's
>>>good.

>>>Good.
>>>
>>>I can't think of anything else to tell you than "be patient, keep
>>>retrying, and if your routing table shrinks below 10 nodes, either
>>>restart Freenet or try someone else's seed nodes".
>>>

>>AMI, my node was down to 1 reference before I went out for the PM, now
>>it is back to 17, 8 of them contacted.  This is with build 525 (which we
>>are asked not to use because of some routeing problem);  if I use a
>>later build it just leaks threads until it dies.  In this situation, new
>What do you mean? The cpu overloading problem was fixed in 533ish. How
>many threads when it crashes?

The  message you are replying to was written before 533! Talking about
the 529-531 builds, they got up to 550 to 600 threads before stalling.
But see below.

>>node refs don't necessarily help, my transient node does fine with the
>>same ones.  An overloaded permanent node seems unable to maintain
>>contact, presumably some function of the overloaded status is
>>interfering with maintaining node references.  Just another data point.
>There was a problem with node references getting deleted, fixed in 535.
Build 525 seemed to regain its node references after going down to nil
for a time, in that sense is much better.  534 has run for 12 hours with
just one node reference which it has contacted 100%, so 535 *would* be a
real improvement.  535 seems much better from the reference point of
view, but I can only run it for a few hours before it runs away with
5-600 threads again and stalls (OS dependent, but I have no reason to
believe it would not reach a 10 000 thread limit!). It also shows high
CPU usage for very little useful contacts again.
What is your maximumThreads set to?
120, default I think

--
Roger Hayter