This is nothing to do with Freenet.  It sounds like you've accidentally
set 127.0.0.1:8888 as your homepage.  Did you know that if you
accidentally press CTRL+D while using IE 6.0 it will set the current page
to be your homepage?  It sounds as if this is what you have done.  If
you're using IE 6.0  you can set your homepage by clicking on Tools,
Internet Options, and typing a new address where it says "Address:"

If you want to set it back to Earthlink's homepage, the address you should
enter is probably http://start.earthlink.net/

Favourites and History have nothing to do with your homepage.  Favourites
and History manage your favourites (on the Favourites menu and the Links
toolbar) and your history (shows you which pages you've visited recently)
respectively.

Freenet does *not* change a browser's homepage setting.  Only the user can
do this themselves.

hope this helps,