>> why not have some sanity checks when importing seed files or adding node =
>refs to the routing table? we'll all be luckier with this and in the long r=
>un the generated seednode files are much less polluted (why aren't=20
>
>We do.

oh, good :)

then wrong noderefs can only slip into the rt when the local rt already has these bad
references (e.g. when switching von unstable->stable or the other way around without
purging the rt) or when importing new
seednodes which contain these bad refs.

would it be useful if the local routing table would be checked on node startup if
every ref is suited for the build? if there is such a check when adding refs while the
node is running, then this check logic would be
reusable at startup time, wouldn't it?

>> they filtered after retrieving and combining for the official seednodes ?=
>!?)
>
>Because I didn't get around to it...

i just remembered you asking Conrad Sabatier if he or someone else could write such a
'cleanup' script which removes lines from a seednode file not matching a regexp. i
think thats a nice idea and would provide
reliable seednodes... someone came around with this?