On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 09:27:06AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I would be very happy if you can publish  a complete listing
> of tweaking you've done to your freenet.conf to optimize
> insertion; your complete reasoning doing each change
> would be very interesting too

Well, I haven't really done any tweaks with insertions in mind specifically,
just trying to smooth out overall performance.  I finally realized recently
that I was running too "big" of a node, i.e., too many threads, too many
connections, etc.  I'm finding now that with the "smaller" settings, I'm
seeing much more consistent and reliable performance overall, with far fewer
of those long periods of sluggishness/unresponsiveness, which I think, in
the long run, makes for a "better-contributing" node to the rest of the
network, even if it can't handle as many requests.

Some of the settings I'm using are only applicable to unstable, by the way.
If you're really interested, I'll try and followup later with more
specifics.  I just really don't have that much time at the moment.  :-)

--
Conrad Sabatier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - "In Unix veritas"