Hi,

I encountered 2 main poroblems trying to use freenet:

1. Iīve a router, and whatever I inser in the "ipadress" field of the
config, I get

There was an error determining this node's physical address(es).
Please make sure <ipAddress> and <listenPort> are correctly set.
Note that you may put a host name in the <ipAddress> field if you have a
dynamic IP and are using a dynamic DNS service.18.03.2004 21:37:05
(freenet.node.Main, main, ERROR): There was an error determining this node's
physical address(es).
Please make sure <ipAddress> and <listenPort> are correctly set.
Note that you may put a host name in the <ipAddress> field if you have a
dynamic IP and are using a dynamic DNS service.
freenet.BadAddressException: Address seemed incorrect. To use Freenet you
must have a globally addressable Internet address set correctly.        at
freenet.node.Main.getAddresses(Main.java:1606)  at
freenet.node.Main.main(Main.java:617) 18.03.2004 21:37:05
(freenet.node.Main, main, NORMAL): starting filesystem

in the logfile, even if I set the current WAN IP of the router instead of a
dyndns hostname

2. The config utility doesnīt work.
When I try to configure and then click on "ok" in the settings dialog, the
"nodeconfig.exe" crashes.
It leaves a partly written freenet.ini on the HD whose last lines are
always:

########################
# Geek Settings
########################

# The number of attempts to make at announcing this node per
# initial peer. Zero means the node will not announce itself
announcementAttempts=3

# The amount of time to wait before initially announcing the node,
# and to base the time the time between retries on. In milliseconds.
announcementDelay=1800000

# The value to mutliply the last delay time with for each retry.
# That is, for try N, we weight <announcementDelay>*<announcementDelay>^N
# before starting.
announcementDelayBase=2

# announcementPeers: undocumented.
announcementPeers=3

# How long to wait for authentication before giving up (in milliseconds)
authTimeout=120000

# The interval at which to write out the node's data file
# (the store_<port> file, *not* the cache_<port> file).
checkPointInterval=1200

# How long to listen on an inactive connection before closing
# (if reply address is known)
connectionTimeout=600000

# The expected

what can I do? I would like to use freenet but I canīt :(

Thanks in advance for your help!

regards

Michael Stather