On Wednesday 07 April 2004 20:27, sdretu wrote:
> Of course, I retried many times with many different hops value.
> Now I'm drunk... :cP ;c)

That's because you barley know what you're doing, but at yeast you know whom
to ask!

> I do not announce -at least for now- because I'm behind a firewall (wich i
> opened the right TCP port (-; ) and my IP is dynamic and I don't know if my
> DynDNS name would work (moreover, it did not changed anything when tried).

By the right port, do you mean the one in freenet.conf? That's the port
Freenet is expecting connections on; in the firewall you should forward it to
your node. Freenet nodes run on lots of different ports, so if your node is
on port 14159, it may ask another node that's on 27182, and connect from port
26535 to port 27182. You have to allow those connections as well.

Run "tcpdump port 14159", and then just "tcpdump" (use "-n" to stop nameserver
lookups), and you'll see what's happening.

phma

--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa